Your key responsibilities as the Sous Chef will consist of:
- As Sous Chef you will be involved in the preparation of our full menu and contribute to menu development. You will be second in command to the Head Chef, working alongside them and covering in their absence
- A full cafe offers – hot & cold breakfast, lunch service, grab & go.
- Hospitality and events, including working lunches, canapé, finger food and bowl food events.
- Fine dining is also required from time to time.
- Looking for a creative and personable individual to take the café to the next level
- Knowledge of allergen management
- Great communicator
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to, and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
Working Pattern: 40 Hours
Skills and Experience
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Sous Chef include:
- An experienced Sous Chef – able to step in and make a difference.
- Supportive, happy to teach junior team members and help them develop.
- Passionate about great food, interested in food trends fine dining and high street and skilled in interpreting them for the corporate environment.
- Excellent customer service
- Great team player
- Catering experience