Salary £55,000 per annum.
FREE On-Site Lunches: Enjoy complimentary lunches, saving you time & money while ensuring you stay nourished & energised throughout the day.
Support Your Way of Life:
At Lexington we strive to ensure that our colleagues feel appreciated & rewarded, which is why we offer generous rewards & benefits in exchange for your dedicated efforts.
Your key responsibilities as the Head Chef are to:
– To organise and provide a high quality of food production and catering services to company and client standards.
– Demonstrate creativity and ongoing innovation within all aspects of the food and service offering – Grab & Go, Hospitality, Fine Dining and Events.
– Maintain & achieve the catering budgets and standards set out by Lexington and the client requirements without compromising on the food offer.
– Establish and maintain health & safety and hygiene procedures in line with the company policy.
– Produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team maximising customer appeal and exceeding Lexington and client expectations.
– Lead by example and monitor the performance of all kitchen staff.
– Conduct the purchase, receiving, storage and stock controls of all lines demonstrating kitchen due diligence.
– Show financial management through correct costing, stock taking and menu planning benefiting both Lexington and our customers.
– Recruit, support, train, coach and manage all kitchen staff and set an example for delivering an efficient, high quality, creative and financially beneficial service for both Lexington and our customers.
– Enhance and improve skills and knowledge by training and development benefiting self, all staff, Lexington and our customers.
– Ensure attendance of all relevant training & development courses and forums.
– Communicate and work with the General Manager to ensure all work is carried out efficiently and to the desired timeframes.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Head Chef include:
– Experience in producing a high volume, yet creative and fresh, food offering.
– Up to date with current food trends and dining scene.
– Effective communicator: verbal, and non-verbal, team work, team builder, persuasive and flexible.
– Management skills – leadership, delegation, achievement orientated, motivated, staff development focus, analysis and problem solving, planning & organising, decisiveness & judgement.
– Ability to creative a motivated and fun working environment.