Your key responsibilities as the Head Chef are to:
– To organise and provide a high quality of food production and catering services to company and client standards.
– Demonstrate creativity and ongoing innovation within all aspects of the food and service offering – Grab & Go, Hospitality, Fine Dining and Events.
– Maintain & achieve the catering budgets and standards set out by Lexington and the client requirements without compromising on the food offer.
– Establish and maintain health & safety and hygiene procedures in line with the company policy.
– Produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team maximising customer appeal and exceeding Lexington and client expectations.
– Lead by example and monitor the performance of all kitchen staff.
– Conduct the purchase, receiving, storage and stock controls of all lines demonstrating kitchen due diligence.
– Show financial management through correct costing, stock taking and menu planning benefiting both Lexington and our customers.
– Recruit, support, train, coach and manage all kitchen staff and set an example for delivering an efficient, high quality, creative and financially beneficial service for both Lexington and our customers.
– Enhance and improve skills and knowledge by training and development benefiting self, all staff, Lexington and our customers.
– Ensure attendance of all relevant training & development courses and forums.
– Communicate and work with the General Manager to ensure all work is carried out efficiently and to the desired timeframes.
Working Pattern: Flexible
Skills and Experience
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Head Chef include:
– Experience in producing a high volume, yet creative and fresh, food offering.
– Up to date with current food trends and dining scene.
– Effective communicator: verbal, and non-verbal, team work, team builder, persuasive and flexible.
– Management skills – leadership, delegation, achievement orientated, motivated, staff development focus, analysis and problem solving, planning & organising, decisiveness & judgement.
– Ability to creative a motivated and fun working environment.