Lexington Catering is launching a new range of healthy foods this Christmas to help customers get into the festive season without losing sight of their health goals.
The new lighter range will sit alongside our traditional Christmas offering and will be available from the 1st December 2016. It is not just about lighter options but the goodness within meals – customers can opt for a slightly healthier treat over the festive season, without compromising on flavour.
Most of the lighter range produce is gluten free and has lower levels of sugar, fat and saturated fat. The majority of the range uses Sweet Freedom, a natural alternative to sugar, which is made from fruit and is lower in calories than traditional sugar.
Rob Kirby, Chef Director at Lexington says: “We’ve seen the demand for ‘free from’ products grow and grow at our sites and we believe that the Christmas period is going to be no different.
“We’ve introduced the new lighter range to make it easier for customers to make healthier choices this Christmas, without having to compromise on taste or quality. We want all of our customers to feel like they can get into Christmas spirit, eat well but also meet their health goals.”
The range includes over ten products, from hot lunches, wraps and salads to juice and snacks:
– A Grains&Greens Christmas vegetarian dish: Torched cauliflower, was el hanout, roasted hazelnuts, rose water and pomegranate dressing, mint yogurt
– A Grains&Greens breakfast special: Gluten free spiced buckwheat, banana & cranberry loaf with cacao, clementine and cashew butter
– Let’s Energise salad: Rosemary, garlic and cranberry glazed Watergate Farm bronze turkey with roast sweet potato, butternut and balsamic red onion salad with glazed figs, cinnamon chestnuts, crispy pancetta and a cranberry and lime dressing
– Let’s Energise wrap: Winter spiced veggie lentil balls with Brussel slaw, hummus and roasted Portobello mushroom wrap
– Seasonal special Vitalicious Christmas Reboot Juice – Clementine’s, apple, cucumber, pineapple, spinach, ginger, linseed, nutmeg and cinnamon and contains two and a half of your ‘five a day’
– A range of ‘lighter’ alternative treats including a skinny flourless chocolate brownie; orange and cranberry bars – made with coconut oil, rather than butter; and raw carrot bites, with spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger finished with shredded coconut on top