Your key responsibilities as the Operations Manager will consist of:
- Identify potential business opportunities and involve appropriate departments in conjunction with Operations Managers to maximise profitability of sites.
- Produce and agree all site business plans in conjunction with the Directors and Clients.
- Produce annual site budgets and growth strategies in conjunction with Directors, and Clients.
- Build and maintain effective communication network with Clients ensuring quality information is exchanged when appropriate.
- Work with site managers on a day-to-day basis to increase and maintain profitability by taking actions as and when appropriate.
- Plan and support site marketing ensuring all merchandising is creative, professional and appropriate.
- Recruit, develop, appraise & review managers identifying training and development needs ensuring effectiveness in current role and future development.
- Champion and monitor all Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, EMS and HR procedures.
- Ensure all company and legislative policies and procedures are met, ensuring consistent compliance across all sites.
- Ensures a creative approach is taken to food and service and all site standards exceed Lexington’s and Client’s expectation.
- Manages weekly/monthly financial performance, invoicing and client reporting. Including relevant, accurate financial and operational supporting data.
- Develop and agree with Head of Operations effective businesses retention strategies
- Assist Head of Operations with planning and achieving all Company strategic business objectives.
- Assist with and support the sales and new site mobilisation process
Skills & Experience
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Operations Manager include:
Experience and Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge or indeed experience of working in the Independent educational catering sector.
- Commercial knowledge advantageous.
- Previous group management experience advantageous.
- Experience of managing Hospitality advantageous
Incorporating – Leadership / Communication / Planning & Organising / Financial acumen / Managing the Business / Customer Focus / Problem Solving / Decision Making / Negotiating / Influencing / Team Building / Presentation skills – written and aural / Creative / Nurture and Develop.
- To assist with the development of company and self to ensure continuous pro-active progression
- Ensure that Managers are able to relate to current policies and procedures to ensure quality service and ownership of individual site management.
- Proven experience in recruitment, development, evaluating and redundancies.
- Ensure that all Sites are managed effectively and fully compliant with all company procedures and processes.
- Ensure Sites Managers are effectively by use of appraisals, reviews and target setting on a monthly basis and ensure any actions are carried out promptly and responsibly.
- Ensure communication lines are developed with Sites and Clients to ensure all company matters are shared appropriately.