Your key responsibilities as the Head Chef are to:
- Maintain and achieve the catering budgets and standards set out by Lexington in conjunction with the General Manager, and the Executive Head Chef.
- Establish and maintain health and safety and hygiene and hygiene procedures in line with the company policy.
- Produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team maximising customer appeal and exceed Lexington’s and client expectations.
- Set an example to and monitor the performance of all kitchen staff.
- Conduct the purchase, receiving, storage and stock controls of all lines demonstrating kitchen due-diligence.
- Show financial management through correct costing, stock taking and menu planning benefiting both Lexington and our customers.
- Recruit, support, train, coach and manage all kitchen staff and set an example for delivering an efficient quality and financially beneficial service for both Lexington and our customers.
- Enhance and improve skills and knowledge by training and development benefiting self, all staff, Lexington and our customers.
- Responsible for liaising with restaurant manager to ensure marketing plan is followed
- Responsible for monthly concept creation for restaurant, deli bar and cafe
- Responsible for management of evening service ensuring balance across lunch and dinner
- Responsible for maintaining business compliance for assurity audit
- Responsible for working closely with clients to go through daily offers/concepts
- Responsible for using company systems – star chef
- Ensure that staff are able to relate to current policies and procedures to ensure quality service and ownership of tasks.
- Ensure that staff are committed to their job roles to provide a consistent high quality service.
- To assist with the development of company and self to ensure continuous pro-active progression.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 40 hours
Skills & Experience
Necessary Managerial Skills:
Leadership, Delegation, Achievement Orientated, Motivated, Staff Development Focus, Analysis and Problem Solving, Planning and Organising, Decisiveness and Judgement.