Your key responsibilities as the Butler/Team Leader are to:
- Proactive management of team for area of responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing team communications, including management reporting and client liaison to support the delivery of operational excellence.
- Building internal client relationships with senior Schroders employees.
- Responsible for running fine dining, events and day to day operations either alone or along with other members of the team.
- Ensure the team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures. Complaints from Clients are reported immediately to the manager so that the complaints procedure can be followed.
- To manage and support the compliance of COSHH, Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety regulations throughout the team and to report any incidents in line with procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Ensure that effective quality of services are provided to the standard of the client, customers and company.
- Ensure the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness of all front of house areas and equipment.
- Ensure that there is a thorough understanding of the daily work schedule.
- All rooms are cleared within a specified time.
- Ensure attendance to all staff meetings as required.
- Ensure that all policies and procedural requirements of both legislation and company are adhered to in order to promote a professional and forward approach at all times.
- Ensure that the correct uniform is worn neatly and cleanly at all times.
- Ensure checks are carried out in the meeting rooms and associated areas for faults.
- Ensure that details of any accident is reported to the Hospitality Manager/Assistant.
- Carry out any other reasonable request of management
- Ensure that team working is effective to meet the site and company requirements by use of team meetings.
- Ensure that there is a clear understanding as to the long and short term duties through schedules and team meetings.
- Ensure attendance of all relevant training and development courses.
- Ensure that service is discreet, respectable and friendly.
- Ensure that the above skills are used to provide an efficient, quality service to both client and company.
- Ensure that reasonable amounts of overtime are worked when required.
- To be fully conversant and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and procedure, Schroders fire and evacuation policy and procedures. Schroders security procedures
Skills and Experience
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Butler/Team Leader include:
- Excellent communication skills & a strong team player
- A passion for food and knowledge.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment